Playful.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy Blog Day



Seems like a great day to say hello to the world through this blog! So....HELLO WORLD! I have been writing for years, and my entries have stayed in a journal, on a computer, in my head, or in my heart. For now, I will try to place them here.

Faith and freedom! There is a freedom that comes through faith. It sets your soul in flight, and allows your heart to soar, and your "self" to feel free. For a long time, I was not comfortable with the idea of sharing my life as openly as a blog can sometimes require. I felt that many pieces of my life were personal, and sacred. And still, many are. I also know that we are called to be "Christ-like," yet I know that at times I fall short - - and for that, I feared judgement, ridicule.
But faith teaches not to fear. So here I am.

I have arrvied at this place where I can do this "blog thing"...and I can share with you more about who I am, where I have been, what I have learned, where I might be going, and all of the other sweet nuggets of life along the way!

I can't wait to share insights that reflect on my three basic elements of living: (Om. Shalom. Home.) More to come on those in future posts!

I have been blessed in so many ways. I have also been called in many ways to share the story of those blessings. So I will attempt to share my story, regularly, with hopes that I can glorify God, uplift others, and continue to grow personally.

I pray that this blog blesses others. I pray that this blog blesses me, and my family. I pray that this blog will also make a positive impact in the world around us (through us!).

Thank you for being part of this journey.

I will soon share a bit with you about the name of my blog: Om. Shalom. Home.

As for now...