Playful.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Home: Smells like home! (10/27/10)

Personalize your home!






Scents can evoke emotion. They can connect us to experiences and memories. They can relax us, or energize us. A scent can even change your mood. I have found value in surrounding myself in our home with scents that I love. I enjoy changing out the scents in my home as holidays approach, or a new season arrives. I love to walk in the door and be immediately drawn in by the welcoming aroma of sweet maple and buttery vanilla. Sometimes I want to feel surrounded by clean scents of satin sheets and crisp cotton. Sometimes I even opt for a feminine floral and flirty scent. I love to envelope our home with something that draws upon our senses and makes us smile.

My Suggestion:
If you don't already have your home personalized with fragrance, consider investing in a home fragrance system. You can accomplish this on almost any budget!


A few options:

$5-$10 Budget: The Renuzit adjustable twist-cap cones can be purchased for under $1 and come in a handful of fragrances, from clean scents, to a standard vanilla, and even scents that can ring in the holidays, such as apple and cinnamon.

$10-$20 Budget: If you have a bit more to spend, you can look at the plug in systems that have two scents that compliment each other, or even scented candles, or scented oils and waxes.

$20-$40 Budget: And....if budget is not an issue....here is my recommendation: Scentsy. I absolutely love Scentsy products, and would be happy to offer my personal guidance based on my own use. I can also help you personalize your selection to fit your home (as well as order your products!)

I am happy to share my opinions on any of the above - so just email me (enjoycalm@yahoo.com) with any questions!

Most importantly, find what works for you, and your home, and your space - - and let fragrance be yet one more way that you make your house a home!

Visit again real soon for tips on fragrance placement in the home, as well as using fragrance to rewards children's good behavior! Get your whole family involved in making your house a home!