Playful.

Monday, October 25, 2010

The Meaning: Om. Shalom. Home.

I wanted to start a blog to communicate with others - but I wanted it to be more than just a space for me to post about my day, and share photos of my family. I wanted it to have purpose. I wanted it to touch the lives and hearts of other people. I wanted people to identify with it. I wanted it to bless others. I wanted to enrich people's lives and motivate their soul's to dig deeper inside, to search themselves for something greater, and to live more meaningfully.

"Om. Shalom. Home." is my philosphy on living a purposeful life - a humanitarian life that we can all achieve.

Quite simply it is "giving back" in three ways: to yourself, to the world, and to your family.

"Om" is the giving back to oneself. Taking care of yourself. Recognizing that you must take time to nurture your own body and soul and heart and mind, in order to be able to give back to others. You must first set your own foundation, and set right your own path, in order to better love and lead those around you.


"Shalom" (also meaning 'peace') is the giving back to others, and giving back to the greater world around you. This is critical. Just as you are blessed, you need to return those blessings by sharing them with others.


"Home" is your family! It is important to always find ways to nurture your family life, and be a more "present" person in your home.


Therefore, my simple recipe for living is: Om. Shalom. Home.

In this blog, in addition to my random "life stuff," I will make posts that relate to one of the above focuses. I hope to help you grow, to encourage you to search yourself on new levels, and to play an active role in life. I hope to motivate you to "give back" and to experience the joy that comes with being a blessing to others. I hope to inspire you, in some way, to breathe deep, share peace, and love fully.

Enjoy!